Dodge Circuit EV: Light at the end of the tunnel
Chrysler faces extraordinary financial challenges. When it emerges from the darkness, the Circuit EV could become a handy weapon in the maker’s future arsenal.
- Type: 100% Electric Performance Coupe
- Class: 2-Seat sports car
- Manufacturer: Chrysler Group LLC
- Propulsion system: 200 kW (268 hp) electric-drive motor
- Top Speed: Greater than 120 mph (193 km/h)
- Zero-to-60: 4.7 seconds
- Vehicle range: 150-200 miles (241-322 km)
- Fuel(s): Electricity
- Fuel efficiency: Greater than 100 MPGe
- Battery pack: 35 kW/h lithium-ion
- Time to full battery recharge: Between 2-12 hours, source-dependent
- Tailpipe emissions: No
- Price: $85,000 (est base)
- Availability: 2010-2011
"You don't have to slow down to keep the planet squeaky clean. And you'll never have to stop for another gas station. Dodge Circuit EV packages zero tailpipe emissions in the unlikely form of a bold, two-passenger rear-wheel-drive sports car with responsive, agile performance…"
Calling it a 2-passenger performance coupe, the sporty rear-wheel drive Dodge Circuit EV is based on the Lotus Europa S and one of five ‘production-intent’ Chrysler vehicles in its ENVI platform, (read a comparison of the ENVI to GM's Voltec here) introduced at the Detroit Auto Show back in January of 2009.
This site follows the emergence, application and development of transportation innovation. Reference to manufacturers, makes and models, and other automotive-related businesses are provided for informational purposes only and do not constitute an endorsement by FutureCars.com.
In order to view the content on this page, you will need the latest version of Adobe’s Flash Player. Click here to download it.